Leslie Knope for City Council?

In the last few months, I have noticed myself spending most of my time watching movies and TV shows on Netflix. One of my favorite TV series by far, is Parks and Recreation.  Parks and Recreation is a droll comedy, and never fails to make me laugh. Some people don’t like this show because of it’s droll comedy but, if you are easily amused like me, you will love it.

This series stars Leslie Knope, played by Amy Poehler. Leslie is very involved in her hometown of Pawnee, Indiana and throughout the show she tries to make Pawnee better and better. Leslie works in the Parks and Recreation department, and works around a very lazy group of co workers. I think one of the best parts of the show is seeing how lazy the rest of the department is, compared to Leslie. One of my favorite characters in this show is Ron Swanson. Ron is the Parks and Recreation director, and could honestly care less about government. He actually hates it. He is one of my favorite characters because he is extremely negative, and it is very amusing. I think (will never admit) that he actually cares about his co-workers and the Parks and Recreation department but, he doesn’t show it.

Here is a trailer to season 6, which gives a good idea of the droll comedy and the characters:

Even though this is one of my favorite TV shows, I still think there are pro’s and con’s to every show. I think you would enjoy this show the most if you like comedy, and especially droll comedy. Some people say that this show in season one was too much like the TV show The Office , and had some negativity starting. I think as more and more seasons went along, the show has gotten more unique and has gotten away from being too much like The Office. I think people who like something new every episode would enjoy this too. I think since the show is based of in the government, and new things are always happening in government, it makes the show more exciting. With this though, I don’t think you have to like government to enjoy the show. Half of the characters in the show don’t even like government themselves.

What are some of your favorite shows? Why? I’d love to hear 😀

One thought on “Leslie Knope for City Council?

1. Greetings Kira.
    One of my favorite shows is Big Bang Theory because of the geeky humor. Another favorite is Long Island Medium. I started watching that while in my daughter’s hospital room. I think I was looking for her spiritual protector. My other favorite show is Survivor. I’ve followed it each season since 2000. I enjoy the human social experiment of the show. It’s sort of a weird selection.
    Thanks for the conversation.
    Dinah